Monday, March 8, 2010

Teddy Bears for Sierra Leone


Welcome! We are so excited that you're stopping in to check out what we're doing... well, here's our story. It started a couple of weeks ago when my 7 year old daughter was sitting in church with her dad (I was busy teaching the preschoolers). The craziest thing happened... they handed out money!!! I know, it's usually the other way around at church. :) But, yes... every single person sitting in church was handed an envelope with $5, $10 or $20. Fabulous, right? But wait, there's a catch! It's now our responsibility to go forth and multiply our money and basically "pay it forward". They're calling it "Living a Better Story." Wow, not an easy challenge! Of course, I'm lucky... totally off the hook thanks to my preschoolers. But I do want to help my daughter think of something meaningful to do with her money. So we start talking and decide that it would be fun to raise enough money ($560) to send teddy bears to all of the children in The Raining Season orphanage (therainingseason.org) in Sierra Leone. My daughter's dance teacher (at Elite Dance in Nolensville) agree to charge us the bare minimum to let her and her friends stuff the bears themselves using the Noah's Ark Workshop. So we're trying to see who is interested in "Sponsoring a Teddy Bear" for $10... https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=E2L7YAWVVBZMA
We've also been working hard selling lemonade and brownies. Now we're out to brave the cold morning to sell hot chocolate and breakfast casserole! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment