Tuesday, March 9, 2010

43 Teddy Bears to Go!!!


Okay, so our lemonade stand on Saturday and Sunday made $70. Our Monday morning hot chocolate stand... not so successful... but at least we had a great friend and her kids stop by. How cute is it that my kids hold up this poster and yell, "Save Sierra Leone!" That's right, we're saving them one teddy bear at a time! :)
Now it's Tuesday... crazy day... I've been working at our church's consignment sale all day. I love it... such great people to work with! Our Sunday School class is even donating items to sell to benefit The Raining Season.
Anyways... good news! Ms. Cheri Urie from our dance studio, Elite Dance in Nolensville, just donated 5 more bears. Now we have 43 left! Oh, and I had someone at the consignment sale hear our story and pledge ANOTHER BEAR! I can't wait to see my daughter and her friends make these bears with love and send them to Sierra Leone with The Raining Season's May mission trip! They promise to take lots of pictures to share with us. :)

3 comments:

  1. I saw your story on Kristi's blog and I LOVE it!! What a wonderful idea and what a difference that will make to each child who gets their very own teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw this on Kristi's blog and HAD to sponsor. What a wonderful thing you are doing!!! Keep up the great work:)I'm also going to spread the word on my blog in hopes that others will help you out.

    Karen WI
    Adopting 2 kids from ET
    www.hernkekid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete