Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Half Marathon and A Need for 16 More BEARS!!!

What a day! It started off with a half marathon (my best time so far). :) My sweet little girl was thrilled to hear how I did. My little boy just wanted to know if I won... it lessened his disappointment when I gave him my medal. (All finishers get one in case your wondering.) Anyway, as soon as it was over I had a message from The Raining Season. BIG NEWS!!! Their Sierra Leone staff had just visited Shenge... an area in Sierra Leone that was greatly affected by a ferry accident. Many people died in the accident leaving many children orphaned. The staff was disturbed by the conditions of 38 of the children and insist that they be moved to The Covering (the orphanage) by Monday!!! This is more than the facility is prepared for or has funds to handle. Many of the staff in Sierra Leone are willing to forego their salary to make this happen. Check out TheRainingSeason.org... they can use a lot of help right now! As for our Teddy Bear project, we're going to need 86 bears now... 16 more than the original number. We're up to 50 bears so far, so I know that we can meet this challenge! Tell your friends and let's see if we can all 86 bears paid for!!! THANK YOU!!!
Oh, and as a final note for today... this is the passage I kept seeing on the backs of running shirts today (that is before I passed them... hee, hee, hee!)...
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13
So true!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment